28 January 2019
Chiddingfold Surgery re-locates to Milford Hospital site
Media statement [pdf, 200kb]
Due to a fire at Chiddingfold Surgery on 7 January 2019, interim arrangements have been put in place to ensure normal services can be restored for patients as soon as possible.
As of 31 January 2019 arrangements will be:
• Appointments will be available for patients registered at Chiddingfold Surgery at Cedar Ward, Milford Hospital and the Dunsfold Branch Surgery.
• Milford Hospital will operate as the main surgery site during this interim period with normal telephone and IT access in place.
• Appointments will be able to be made by calling the normal surgery telephone number (01428 683174). Telephones lines will operate 8.00am – 6.30pm.
• If a patient was waiting for a follow-up investigation and has not received an appointment please contact the Surgery.
Dispensing and prescriptions
• A dispensing service will also be available at the Milford site in the coming weeks.
• A full dispensing service will be running from Dunsfold Branch Surgery once the Surgery has located to Milford Hospital.
• In the meantime, paper prescriptions can be collected from the Dunsfold Branch Surgery and electronic prescriptions can be sent to a pharmacy of your choice.
• Repeat prescriptions can be ordered in the usual ways:
o online via Patient Access
o by email (email@example.com)
o by written request at Boots Chiddingfold or at the Dunsfold Branch Surgery.
Clinical Records/Patient notes
Despite the majority of paper notes being lost in the fire, clinical records are also stored electronically and key information remains accessible to the Surgery. For the small number of patients who did not have records stored electronically, the Surgery is in the process of contacting previous Surgeries to retrieve any electronic information they may still hold. These patients will be contacted directly by Surgery staff to ensure they are up-to-date. Patients are encouraged to register for online access and check the accuracy of their summary.
Drop-in session/further information
A drop-in session is being held on 5 February 2019 at St Mary’s Church Hall, Petworth Road, Chiddingfold, 10am-12pm to give local residents the opportunity to speak to Surgery and NHS staff to ask any questions they have about Surgery arrangements for the near future.
The Chiddingfold Car-Go scheme can provide transport assistance to get to an essential appointment at one of the alternative surgery locations. Bookings can be made 10am -12pm, Monday to Friday via telephone (07899 340073).
|Page updated:||28 January 2019|
|Next review due:||27 February 2019|
|Model Publication Scheme:||Not part of the MPS|