This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Continuing Healthcare



Continuing healthcare is a package of on-going care, designed to support individuals who are found to have a primary health need which have arisen as a result of disability, accident or illness.
The care package is arranged and funded solely by the NHS and is care that is provided outside of a hospital environment. This might include in-home support for a person assessed as having a 'primary health need' and having a complex medical condition and substantial and ongoing care needs. For more information about continuing care services, please visit the NHS Choices website.
  • The lead commissioner for Adult Continuing Healthcare across Surrey, ages 18 years and over, is NHS Surrey Downs Clinical Commissioning Group. Further information is available on the Surrey Downs CCG website.
  • The lead commissioner for Children's Continuing Healthcare across Surrey, ages 0-17 years, is NHS Guildford and Waverley Clinical Commissioning Group. For more information, please contact the Children's Commissioning Team at NHS Guildford and Waverley CCG via email - or telephone 01483 405461.


Personal Health Budgets



A Personal Health Budget is an amount of money that can be given directly to a person receiving NHS care to pay for their help and support to allow them to purchase care that is tailored to their individual needs. Both health and wellbeing outcomes and a detailed care support plan that will meet those outcomes is agreed between the individual and their continuing healthcare team.


Information about Personal Health Budgets is available on the NHS Choices website.


People who receive continuing healthcare are able to ask for a Personal Health Budget. From 1 April 2015, those with a long-term condition (including mental health conditions) also have the right to request a Personal Health Budget. If you are interested in applying for a Personal Health Budgets, the first step is to talk to your NHS healthcare professional.


Surrey Downs CCG host this service for adults in Surrey. Information about the service in Surrey is available on the NHS Surrey Downs CCG website. Alternatively, please speak to a member of the Adult Continuing Healthcare team at NHS Surrey Downs CCG on 01372 201 609.


To discuss a Children or Young Person's Personal Health Budget, contact the Children's Commissioning Team at NHS Guildford and Waverley CCG via email - or telephone 01483 405461.


Page updated:23 April 2014
Next review due:20 October 2014
Model Publication Scheme:Class 9: The services we commission
Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website