This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


“A complaint that is not heard by the organisation is more damaging than a complaint that is received, acknowledged and remedied” Francis Report, 2013



How to make a complaint

A formal complaint about any aspect of your, or a relative's healthcare can be made to the provider of the treatment, or the organisation who buys the services. Complaints should be made within 12 months of the event or incident about which you wish to complain.

If your complaint relates to community services (such as community nursing and therapy services), hospital services, mental health services, 111, out of hours or ambulance services, we would suggest that you contact the healthcare provider directly.


Main provider contact details for making complaints and compliments


If you are unsure what to do or if you wish to complain directly to the CCG, please contact us using the details below:


Please refer to our Complaints Policy to understand how your complaint will be handled.


The CCG's Commitment to You

  • To acknowledge your complaint in writing within 3 working days. If you email us with your complaint, please remember to include your postal address as well.
  • To maintain your confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we will need their permission in writing to indicate that they are happy for you to make the complaint on their behalf and for it to be investigated.
  • To ensure your complaint is investigated by the right organisation.
  • To keep in contact with you when your complaint is about the CCG’s commissioning function, especially when the investigation is taking longer than expected.
  • To investigate and respond to you in writing within 25 working days when your complaint is about the CCG and its commissioning arrangements. If another organisation has accepted responsibility for investigating your complaint, they will follow their own policy for investigating complaints and responding to you.
  • To learn from your complaint and use this learning to improve services for patients and carers, in collaboration with providers and other CCGs
  • To provide an annual report of complaints for the Governing Body.


Getting support when making complaint

Making a complaint is not always easy to do. If you need independent advice or support you can contact the Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Service. This is provided by Healthwatch Surrey in partnership with Surrey Independent Living Council (SILC). Visit the SILC website for more information.

Contact details for the Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Service:

Our complaints policy is available via the Publications > Policies and Strategies page of this website.


Independent Review - Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

We aim to ensure that all complaints that we receive are addressed to the complete satisfaction of the complainant. However, we do recognise that, in some instances, people may wish to seek an independent review.

You are entitled to ask for an independent review of your case by the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is independent of the NHS and they will decide if they are able to investigate your complaint.

The Ombudsman will normally only take on a complaint after you have first tried to resolve the complaint with the organisation involved and have received a response from them.

You can contact the PHSO using the following methods:


If you don’t want to make a formal complaint but need some assistance

Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) are provided by various NHS organisations such as hospitals, community services and mental health services to help address immediate issues e.g. when your appointment has been scheduled, to book an interpreter.

Contact PALS in the relevant organisation if you have a concern e.g. when your appointment might be; a question or simply wish to make an enquiry.

Go to the websites listed above to find details of PALS in different organisations.


Annual Complaints Reports

CCGs must publish a report on the complaints they have received in the previous year, identifying themes and learning to improve care for the future.

Patient Experience Report 2018-19

Complaints Annual Report 2017-18 - summary to follow

Complaints Annual Report 2016-17

Complaints Annual Report 2015-16

Complaints Annual Report 2014-15


Page updated:26 November 2019
Next review due:25 November 2020
Model Publication Scheme:Class 1: Who we are and what we do

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website